Universal inbox routes all library questions into one place.
Robust ticketing functionality ensures you provide great customer service.
- Multiple Channels into One Smart Inbox - Route emails, SMS/text-messages, question form submissions, and Twitter / Facebook posts into one Smart Inbox for all to see.
- Control Who Can See (and Answer) Specific Tickets - Reference librarians don't need to see questions for Archives and Circulation librarians don't need see (or answer) ILL questions. Reduce signal-to-noise ratio by controlling who has access to what.
- Collaborate on Answers - Leave internal notes for other librarians and see, in real time, who else is looking at the same question.
- Ticketing Status & Tagging - Mark tickets as open, pending, new, or closed. Assign internal tags to tickets, like 'wifi' or 'electronic resource management', for stats-gathering. This way, you'll never 'lose' a ticket interaction again.
- Merge & Reassign Tickets - Did a patron send in duplicate questions? Merge tickets together and reassign tickets to another librarian or department.
- Macros for Fast (and Best!) Answers - Ensure high-quality and consistent service with Macros. These 'best' answers can contain auto prefilled information, including the patrons name!
- Create Custom Views - If the social media librarian only needs to see new tweets, he/she can create a custom view on their dashboard. Create as many custom views as you'd like and seamlessly jump between them.
- SMS Keywords & Auto-Responses - Create SMS keywords so when patrons text 'Hours' to your SMS number, they'll get an auto-response with your library's hours.
Customize the Question Form
If you have an 'Ask Us' or 'Contact Us' form on your website - replace it with a LibAnswers Question Form. Route all patron inquiries to one Smart Inbox -- making it easier for customer service staff to manage.
- Add Multiple Choice & Text-Field Questions- Add up to 3 multiple choice and 3 free text fields to your question form, not including asker name / email.
- File Uploads - Allow patrons to upload files, 20 MB max.
- Where is the Form Being Used - Inside your LibAnswers system, see which pages have which question form embedded.
- Question Routing Field - For multiple choice questions, choose a routing designation for specific responses. If the patron selects 'Undergraduate' > route that question submission to the undergraduate librarian. If the patron selects, 'Youth/YA', route their question to the Children's Services department.
- Collect User Agent Info & IP Address - Choose to gather information on the patron's operating system and browser and IP address... all meta information that can help you to better assist with their query.
- Add "Honeypot" Captcha - No one likes SPAM. Enable hidden captcha in your form to trick spam bots. This way, only 'real' submissions get routed to your LibAnswers Smart Inbox.
- Customize Success Message - Does your library have a 3-day turnaround policy when answering questions? Communicate that via a customizable success message that appears to the patron on form submission.
- Off-Hours Success Message - What happens when a patron submits a question at 3am, when you're closed. Create a customizable off-hours success message that let's them know that their question has been received and will be answered when your library reopens.