Don't forget to record data for your in-person interactions, too!
You get asked questions all the time.
Create datasets to capture the details.
- Reference Desk - People line up to talk to you. They call the desk. The follow you around as you shelve books. Record these interactions!
- Circulation - The questions being asked at the Circulation desk may be different than those at the reference desk. Keep track.
- Instruction Sessions - You ask if they have any questions...and they do! Make sure you detail them, they might influence the next session.
- Library Tours / Events - Questions you get from tours and events often come from a new audience so they help with refining your customer service.
At the end of the day...you get to analyze the data!
The LibAnswers Platform is designed, not only to help you efficiently serve your patrons by answering their questions no matter what channel folks prefer to use to reach out to you, but it's also a big ally in your battle to show how much work is being done by the library.
The statistics are about moving from recording to real reporting. Show how you contribute to student success. Learn what your public needs from you. Fight your fights...with data.
- Date / Time Stats - Perfect for helping determine when it's busiest at the library to answer staffing questions.
- Analyze Metadata - With excellent filtering options, decide what you want to examine.
- User Stats - See which colleagues are answering the bulk of the questions.
- Cross Tab Reporting - Take advantage of an incisive way to cut through your data to look at the relationship between two fields.
- Export Data - Charts are printable and downloadable as images and much of the data can be exported to Excel for further analysis.