You're loaning out more than books these days
Create a Digital Storefront with Equipment Booking
- Add-to-Cart - Beautiful tiled interface lets patrons select the item they want (laptops, tablets, museum passes, hotspots, etc.), check availability, add-to-cart, and check them out.
- Descriptions and Details - Provide a description of the item and include how many you have and show similar items.
- More than Equipment - Use to manage museum/zoo and special event passes.
Define Your Lending Rules
The Equipment Booking module enables full check in and check out of items. And, while we make that as easy as possible, we know that it's important for you to be able to customize rules and impose restrictions.
- Route Through Authentication Layer - Route requests through your local authentication layer.
- Hourly or Daily - Set some items for hourly loan durations, while others might be daily.
- Add Padding - Need to make sure that laptop's working? Enable padding between bookings.
- Restrict Booking Window - Limit how far in advance someone can see and therefore book.
- Require Staff Approval - Enable mediation for Equipment Booking for manual approval/denial.
- Charge for Reservations - Define an hourly rate and LibCal calculates the total payment required to complete the reservation.
Store All the Pertinent Information
Store pertinent equipment information like serial number, warranty information, service history, replacement cost, manual and so much more.
Integrates with your ILS
LibCal has APIs designed to integrate Equipment Booking with the patron database in your ILS for fines management.