Skip to Main Content
Academic Libraries Make Great Use of LibCal Features
University of Notre Dame Hesburgh Libraries
- Book Equipment - The clean tile layout in LibCal allows them to create an excellent digital storefront with everything available for booking. Choose from items at their Circulation Desk to those at the Media Desk and more.
- Space Reservations - With numerous spaces for booking, they link to Breakout Rooms, Group Study Rooms, Videoconference Rooms and more. Robust statistics provide the staff with a Bookings Summary report, Occupancy Data reports, etc.
- Calendar Events - They feature Upcoming Workshops on their homepage on Irish Studies, Text & Data Mining, RefWorks and more utilizing the registration capability and pair it with a full-screen calendar that their students can filter by Category and Audience.
Louisiana State University Library
- Book Library Spaces/Rooms - This library strategically includes images in the description of the rooms they have available. This increases appeal and helps people select the proper room or space.
- Authentication - Is the conference room only for the staff? Are certain carrels only for Graduate Students? LibAuth in LibCal allows librarians to restrict categories of spaces and, even, individual spaces.
- Managing Spaces - LSU librarians can see on a time-slotted grid, which Collaborative Group Rooms are booked and available. They can also choose to mediate bookings, create widgets to promote, mark users as showing up, and more.
More Academic Library Examples