A great way to connect with mobile users is to build 'App-like' micro sites on specific topics, ideas, events, etc.
Build a 'Library Tour' micro site, and mobile users can engage in a walking tour of the library using the micro site to guide them.
Create a mobile 'Scavenger Hunt,' and users of all ages can have fun while learning about the library.
Develop a mobile 'Conference Website' so attendees can find local lunch spots, view the schedule, and give real-time program feedback.
By creating engaging, mobile-friendly sites, you're speaking to mobile users in 'their language.'
Drum roll Please.... Introducing the mSite Builder Add-on Module!
The mSite Builder add-on module fully integrates with LibGuides. Use a familiar interface and even reuse assets from your LibGuides site!
It allows you to build mobile websites on just about anything. Each mSite Builder subscription gives you the ability to create up to 5 mobile/micro sites. Create independent, purpose-specific sites. Think of them like apps, but ones you don’t have to install. Just navigate to the URL, and you’re there.
Just Some Ideas of What You Could Build
- Mobile Library Website - Add redirect code so mobile users are auto-redirected from your 'full' site to the mobile version.
- Conference Website - Build a mobile conference website with integrated LibSurveys feedback forms and greenify your program feedback.
- Library Tour / Orientation 'App' - Create a library tour and orientation micro site for self-paced guided tours.
- Upcoming Events - Advertise upcoming library events and embed LibCal widgets so attendees can register right from their smartphones.
- Pocket Citation Tool - Build a Pocket Citation Tool for users to access mobile-citation tool generators, quick citation tips, and links to your full, mobile-friendly Citation LibGuides.
- Scavenger Hunt - Engage users with a mobile scavenger hunt so they can learn about the library in a fun and immersive way.